LTC/CHL Class - October 22nd - Abilene
Date: October 22nd
Time: 8am - 4pm
Our classes fill quickly so reserve your seat today!
Classroom & Range Qualification
The License to Carry Certification Course is outlined by the Texas Department of Public Safety and will cover the 4-6 hour minimum in-class requirement, plus shooting range qualification, necessary to file your License to Carry application with the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Use of Force & Deadly Force
- Non-Violent Dispute Resolution
- Gun Safety & Safe Storage of Firearms including use of restraint holsters and methods to ensure the secure carrying of openly carried handguns.
- Proper storage practices for handguns with an emphasis of storage practices that eliminate the possibility of accidental injury to a child.
- Licensing Requirements
- Passing a 25 question test.
Applicants are required by the state of Texas to qualify at a live fire range. For this you will need to bring your personal firearm, 50 rounds of quality ammunition, and ear and eye protection.
Please feel free to bring drinks and snacks for the classroom portion as well as a light lunch.
Other things you should know.
- Upon completing of class and qualification you will submit your application for your license to the State of Texas. The Standard State Application Fee is $40.
- Once you have submitted your application you will schedule your FBI fingerprinting. This fee is $10.
- We can take care of your application submission and getting your fingerprints scheduled. This is an optional service at our facility and the fee is $20 and will require an appointment
You may cancel or reschedule your appointment or class without charge with a 24 hour notice prior to your scheduled appointment or class. Cancellations without a 24 hour notice may result in a loss of refund if we cannot fill the seat prior to the start of appointment or class. No shows or cancellations after the start of class will result in forfeiture of refund and will not be able to reschedule for another time.